We finally got a tad of rain again, and again not enough. I am guessing we got a quarter inch, a half at best, but it was enough to wet things down a tad, but not close the cracks in the soil, some of which I have observed at nearly 1/2 inch wide. I finished nature's job in the vegetable garden by putting out 25 gallons of aerated compost tea. That and the rain, should give them a little jolt. A few of the Tomatoes are starting to take off, so I guess I can no longer put off the tomato cage decision. I have 18 tomatoes and 5 rickety cages, so somthing has to be done, that's for sure. And on top of that I have 2 flats of seedlings. I am just going to plant them here and there, and let them ramble. There is certainly nothing to lose at this point. The story of how I have all of those seedlings is an interesting learning point, but also a story to be told another day.
There is a bit of good news on freeze recovery. The little Erythrina herbacea (Mamou Plant) although frozen to the ground, is returning from the roots. The Erythrina crista-galli which was much large is yet to show any signs of life. Two of the small Washingtonia filibusta that I assumed were dead are also pushing new spears. Well, its not much I know, but after a winter like this every little bit helps.