Well, on this beautiful spring Saturday I was particularly useless. Not sure why, but I just never got into anything. Maybe tomorrow will bring more energy and enthusiasm. We have some new Camellia's to plant, vegetables to water, bags upon bags of Oak Leaves to put out, and many palms and other plants to clean the winter dead from. Oh, and about a thousand other things as well. No problem, it'll still be waiting on us tomorrow.
Oh, I almost forgot. I did get something done. I woke up this morning, walked out and did not hear the familiar hum of my Soil Soup Compost Tea Maker. The Bio-Blender was not turning and just about to burn up. It failed last year, and when I had the motor rebuilt I got a spare as well. Good thing as the old motor was fried this time. I suspect it was a failed bearing. Well, as I went to install the new motor, I discovered the old motor was reinstalled in a less than optimal manner. It was over torgued and the plastic seat distorted. Another screw was stripped too. So, after a quick trip to Lowe's for a new screw and some high heat Silcon to create a new seat for the motor, I think I am back in the saddle. We'll know on Monday morning, after the Silicon dries and I can crank it off. Either way this is the last hayride for the current housing, so I need to start budgeting for a new Bio Blender. Hopefully, this one will make the summer. Now, please note that I am not complaining, but I am guessing the Bio Blenders has a 4 to 5 year life. More to come.