As suspected, another tomato was felled by the cutworm last night. I could almost forgive it, if it actually was seeking food. Instead they just bite the stem of the seedling in half, leaving both parts then uneaten. A total waste on all accounts. So far, the Rutger’s Tomato and Wild Everglades Tomato were the victims. This morning, after a bit of excavating I found one worm, and dispatched it. Hopefully, that was the one. I rebuilt the row and planted the replacements.
Hopefully we are done with this circumstance.
After this original post, I went back out and noticed that the third tomato in the short row was gone. It was the Brandywine. Unlike the others, I could find no trace of it, any of it. I replaced it also.