Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sweat and Hard Work Today

We continue to make headway in the spring cleaning.  More mowing, weedwhaching to start.   Today, we also pruned the Crepe Mytles.  No Crepe murder here, just removed the suckers.  We also shaped up the Parkinsonia.  I found more disturbing damage and fear this year may be its last, but then again, I have said that every year for the last 3 years.   Who know, but its replacement was planted last year, so when it goes it goes.

I gave a lot of seedlings away today, too, so that was awesome.   I hated to see them go in the compost bin, but my garden is full, and so are my friend's gardens too, with a little help from me, lol. 

It's back out tomorrow.   And we won't finish the job, but maybe just one more weekend after this, and we can cruise into summer with just upkeep.

One last positive, too.  A friend with an incubator took the last 3 of my hen's eggs.  With a little luck we might get some progeny from my sadly missed hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment